Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The D word




I hate the word 'diet' it's just horrible and scary. But at the same time it's time I kick started my new 'health kick'. That's a much nicer way of looking at it. A new lifestyle. The word diet screams temporary. You know, a quick fix. Whereas I want to start a whole new way of living and get back to basics so that I can actually keep it up and have a new body for life. I don't want to be a size 8 it's just not realistic and I know I couldn't keep it up. I just want a strong and healthy body that will keep my back strong and I want to feel great. I want to look at photos of myself and like what I see. So I don't really know if I have a particular goal weight in mind but more so I want to get to a stage where I'm comfortable in my own skin.

I've put about 5kg on since I hurt my back last year and of course not being able to exercise much since my surgeries everything has gone rather floppy and gravity hasn't been nice to me. I hate what I see in the mirror. Anyway right now I'd like to lose at least 10kg but really I think 15kg off would be my ultimate goal.

So I started my new lifestyle, aka 'sexy and skinny by Christmas' regime last Monday and yesterday was my first weigh in. I'm putting it out there on my blog because it makes accountable and helps me with the motivation. And boy do I need that. I saw a photo of me yesterday and it wasn't a pretty sight. I think I'm having a baby. A 'Tim Tam and too much Thai and Indian takeaway on the weekends' baby.

So yesterday I weighed in at 1kg lighter than the previous week. Woohoo!! I'm actually rather impressed considering I had a few slip ups as I had a few social occasions this week including my best friends engagement party on Sunday and I may have had a few drinky poos. Plus my exercise was pretty limited this last week as I was really busy. See the excuses have started already. Anyway slow and steady is the key. It's not a race. In saying that I'd love to be at least 8kg lighter by the time the big fat man comes in December.

So if I'm a little grumpy on my blog in the coming weeks at least now you'll know why. Its because I'm STARVING!!!!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Good on you! You are making healthy choices and I am joining you! I have some similiar goals! It is so hard when you are a young mum... or a not so young working-full-time mum! We really don't put ourselves first, we are just too busy! Good luck! I will be supporting you! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Beck, please don't starve yourself. In saying that, I totally understand how you feel if you're not feeling good about yourself physically. I majorly struggled after the birth of bubs number 2. I put on 23kg during that pregnancy. I found losing the weight first time round quite a bit easier than the second time. It is horrible not being able to fit clothes comfortably. Just take it all slowly and try not to deprive yourself of some treats, life is about enjoyment too after all :o) Good luck with the goal xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some loving....

Related Posts with Thumbnails