Thursday, September 16, 2010

Missing in action

It's almost been a week since my last post but I do have a decent excuse. I've been really quite sick and so has Cooper. It all started last Friday night when Cooper was complaining of a sore ear and he had the high temperature to go with it so I knew something was up. By Saturday morning he was really lethargic and ended up bringing up his breakfast so it was off to the doctors for us. We spent an hour and a half waiting to see a GP. Gotta love our health care system. But when he was finally seen he had actually started to perk up which was good. He was prescribed some antibiotics and off we went. This is only the second time he's ever need antibiotics so because his body wasn't used to it they took pretty quickly and that night he seems almost 100% because he was starting to ask for pizza and ice cream. Don't you know ice cream fixes everything Mummy ? So our grand plans for Saturday night of going down to Palm Beach to an outdoor movie were cancelled and we had a quite night in.

Come Sunday morning the 'bug' had hit me pretty hard and I was feeling lethargic myself and I started to get that tickle in my throat. I knew it wasn't good. Because i've had Tonsilitis before I knew the feeling. The fevers started Sunday afternoon and my Sunday night I was a mess. I was up half the night shaking uncontrollably and my throat was so sore it hurt to breathe at times. So thankfully I was able to get in to a doctor first thing Monday morning and yes, they confirmed. I had Tonsilitis. I was feeling very sorry for myself. I haven't had it for years and was actually due to get my tonsils out a few years back but then when my name finally came around for surgery I was pregnant with Cooper and never bothered to go back on the list because I never caught it again, until now of course. So I was popping the antibiotics like lollies and pain relief and thankfully within 48 hours I was feeling half human again. I am still not 100% but feeling miles better than 3 days ago. The AB's worked pretty quickly which was a relief.

The only up side to this sick weekend/week is that I managed to finish a book that I started a few weeks back and never got around to finishing. It's called "Half the Sky" by Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn about women around the world and it's a very empowering read. I actually first heard of this book on Oprah of all places and i'm so glad that I happened to watch the show that day because to a certain extent this book has changed my life, changed the way I look at certain things. Got to love a book that can do that. Please give it a go because it's really brilliant and inspiring.



Check out their foundation for more information and also how you can help and make a difference.

Anyway here's hoping this weekend and following week coming is going to be a better one.

Goodbye sickness, hello good health.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some loving....

Related Posts with Thumbnails