Sunday, April 10, 2011

10 things I'm grateful for

It's been a really tough week for me. The pain, frustration, restriction and anxiety that comes with having this chronic back pain is really taking it's toll but as usual I'm trying to look on the bright side of things. There is always someone that has it worse right? Only one more month until I see the Neurosurgeon so possibly only two more months until surgery.

So today I'm actually feeling very grateful for the things in my life. Trying to focus on the positive in such dark days.

I am grateful for-

1. Having two darling little boys who give me the nicest 'rub rubs' and understand that Mummy isn't her usual self at the moment so I can't do as much as I used to with them but are equally as happy to do craft and playdoh so that Mummy can sit and watch.
2. My amazing parents who have helped me out so much the last six months and even more so the last few I just couldn't do it without them.
3. Having lovely friends who make me meals to freeze because they know that standing at the kitchen bench for longer than ten minutes at the moment is a massive task or walk my son from my car up to his classroom because those stairs just about kill me.
4. My amazing friend who even though he lives thousands of miles away gives me the most amazing emotional support and always knows the right things to say to pick me up.
5. Fresh flowers that brighten my day.
6. The boys father who without question or hesitation steps up whenever I've needed him to these last few months.
7. This week discovering the magical Liquid Chlorophyll which even though I've only been taking it for three days has made me feel wonderful already and hopefully giving my liver some relief from these dreadful pain killers.
8. Prunes, need I say more.
9. Having the best physio I've yet to find. Did I mention he's super cute oh and the brother of a famous Gold Coast sports person.
10. The blogging world. It's been my best friend on the days that I cannot get out of bed. I love disappearing in to other peoples lives and reading everyones stories. It makes me laugh and cry and is a great distraction.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend.





Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bec, Love your blog. I've just joined the Aussie Mummy Bloggers group and found your blog through it. I was tickled to see that you love the book depository as well - I cannot survive without it, :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by.
    I was very grateful to be introduced to the Book Depository, it rocks.
    Off to check out your blog

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some loving....

Related Posts with Thumbnails