Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back to school tomorrow

Today is the last day of the school holidays and I know most parents would be relieved to be seeing their kids go back to school but I'm actually quite sad. I've really enjoyed having my big boy home. Even if it was only for 12 days. I've really missed having him around. He's grown up so much since he started Prep this year and he was a joy to have home. We jammed packed the holidays with as much fun and adventure as we could. Well as much adventure as this Mum with a spinal injury awaiting surgery could cope with.

My stand out day was the day I decided with Blake in kindy I'd take him to the movies. Unfortunately Blake is very much a typical 2 1/2 year old with the attention span of a goldfish and is still too young to sit through a movie. Especially at the cinemas anyway. We went and saw 'Hop'


It was such a fantastic kids movie. In fact I think I enjoyed it equally as much as Cooper. He was so excited to be having a date day with Mummy. We both had a yummy ice-cream in hand and during the movie he kept leaning in for a cuddle. It really was heaven. It's moments like these......

We then headed down to the cafe's to find a place to have lunch. And of course we came across this.


And how could I say no. It was our special date day after all. He loves those bungee trampolines and it was worth the $12 to see the massive smiles on his face as he jumped and goofed around on it.

We found a cafe we could both agree on and had a lovely lunch together. Cooper wanted to go to Max Brenners. I'm not a fan so thankfully he compromised and we went somewhere were I could get a salad instead of well, chocolate.


It was such a lovely day and we certainly made the most of it. It's days like this that I'll miss now that he starts back at school.

Although he's super keen to get back to school and can't wait to see all of his friends which is great. He really does love school which makes me the happiest mum.

We had plenty of other lunch dates over the holidays. Including the day we went to Sushi Train. We both love Sushi.



We also had fish and chips in the park one day. Blake was with us that day. Is there anything cuter than a fishy face eating fish and chips?



And just so that you don't think I took any photos of Blake these holidays I thought I'd share this beauty.

I don't think he was too happy with the T-shirt the Easter bunny picked out for him?


Ooohhhhh gotta love 2 year old attitude.

Hey Blake! Guess what? You have to go back to kindy tomorrow.


Hahahahaha oh the many faces of my Blakey Boy. Love this kid.

So back to reality tomorrow. Back to packing lunches, ironing uniforms, rushed mornings trying to get out of the house by 8am and school pickups where you have to fight for a carpark. Oh the joys.

But the one positive. At least my house will stay cleaner for longer.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pics Beck. Such adorable little men you have. I'm like you, if I could keep the boys with me always, I would. I think I'll be a wreck when I have to return to work in a couple of months and both boys will be in care :o/
    Looks like you had a wonderful time though and made the most of your precious time together.
    P.S. Sorry to hear that you have a spinal injury. I do hope the surgery fixes it up and you don't have to wait too much longer for it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some loving....

Related Posts with Thumbnails