I had almost forgotten about this. Yes shame on me. This was such a nice surprise. I always get quite excited when someone leaves me a comment or I get a new follower so you can imagine my excitement when I discovered someone actually thought my blog was deserving of an award.
Thanks to the lovely Kirri over at Happy Mums At Home who forwarded on the love. And yes I'm definitely feeling the love, so thanks.
Now the rules are that I have to share seven somewhat unknown and presumably interesting facts about myself and also pay it forward by nominating 15 other newly discovered bloggers for the same award.
So, seven random facts about me. Here goes.
1. I was brought up as a Vegetarian and only started eating meat when I left home at 17. I now only eat white meat but I secretly want to give up meat all together but I'm just not sure I could say goodbye to chicken or seafood. Mmmm prawns.
2. I am a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and practiced martial arts for over 10 years as a kid/teenager.
3. I am obsessed with the colour Coral. Some people call it watermelon. Whatever it's proper name it doesn't really matter I just love it. I have clothes, shoes, jewellery, nail polish, ornaments, scarfs, candles, pillows in this colour. I am very drawn to anything in coral. It's actually a joke amongst my closest friends.
4. I collect buttons. Yes weird I know. I think I got this from my Mum. I have an entire jar full. Not only do I keep every button that comes with clothing but I also buy random buttons that take my interest to add to my collection.
5. I have a fascination, some would say obsession with the Damask pattern. I've been known to buy fabric or even scrapbooking paper (I don't scrapbook) for no reason other than it's in a damask pattern. My most recent purchase was two gorgeous turquoise damask pillows for my bed.
6. I will always buy natural or organic products wherever I can. I'm very serious about one day living a completely organic life. I'm talking the whole nine yards with a big home in the country with a fruit orchard, vegetable garden, chickens and even my own windmill.
7. For a so called 'tree hugger' as my friends tease me I have way too many handbags. What can I say I'm a sucker for accessories.
Now the extra fun part – to pass the award on to 15 other newly discovered or deserving bloggers. Some of these blogs I've only just discovered but others I've known about for a while but just wanted to let them know how much I love their work. They can include mummy bloggers, photography and style fanatics, eco-conscious devotees and people with a huge social conscience.
Check them out!
1. A Little Delightful
2. Mama of 2 Boys
4. An Aussie Mum's Guide To Eco Friendly Babies
5. Another Donkey Design
6. Catch The Kids
7. Cinderella at Brindabella
9. DIY or Don't
10. Emmmy Lizzzy
12. Oesch and Doots
13. The House that A-M Built
14. The Roseland Family
15. Life on Planet Baby
Thanks again Kirri. That was lots of fun.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad