Monday, July 26, 2010

Healthy afternoon snack

My boys are fruit bats and cost me a fortune with all the fruit they eat. Not that i'm complaining because I know it's a great thing but I can fill my fruit bowl to the brim and it's gone in 3 days in this house.

I've actually found that making them a fruit platter or a fruit salad makes the fruit last a little longer and i'm able to share it out evenly. As apposed to them grabbing fruit at their leisure all day long.

So I wanted to share our version of a fruit salad which we've been having as an afternoon snack and the boys are loving it.

We just use whatever fruit I have in the fruit bowl or in the fridge. Today it was apples, banana and strawberries.



Then we top it with yoghurt, dried fruit and seed mix. Sometimes I use toasted muesli but I didn't have any today. And then a sprinking of cinnamon and a drizzle of honey. It's so delicious. The combination is just beautiful especially with the texture of the seeds and sultanas.



Give it a try. Not only will the kids love it but you'll be addicted to this great afternoon pick me up.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some loving....

Related Posts with Thumbnails