Sunday, August 8, 2010

Blissful Sunday's

I think Sunday is my favourite day of the week. Although I really enjoy Friday's as well. I love the anticipation of the weekend ahead. Almost everyone is in a good mood on Friday's.

Anyway we've been making a real effort to make the most of our Sunday's lately. Last weekend we spent the day with some lovely friends and ended up having an impromptu street party in our area with four families. The kids had a blast riding their bikes and the parents enjoyed the day equally chatting and getting to know each other over a few drinks. We then spent the afternoon and in to the evening last Sunday at my parents place. Mum and Dad live on 2 acres and the kids love spending time up there. They've recently built this amazing fire pit which is great for entertaining and cooking the odd vegie burger on but the best thing about the fire pit according to my boys is toasting marshmallows on it. I have to agree. So we spent a glorious few hours sitting in front of the fire with our marshmallows in hand. The boys were mesmerized with the flames and yet still cautious of the immense heat coming from it.




Pappy and his two grandsons.



Look at the bliss on this gorgeous boys face.




Yesterday we had yet another glorious Sunday. The boys and I spent the morning baking Chocolate Chip Cookies to take down to Nanna & Pa's house as we had a lunch date down there as their was some family visiting from Melbourne. I was actually road testing a new recipe for these gluten free cookies and I was more than impressed with how they turned out. As were the guests who devoured them. So quickly in fact that I didn't get to a chance to take a photo of the final product.

They were super easy and Cooper made a tray and I made a tray. Can you guess which ones were his ???




Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


* 125g softened butter
* 1/2 cup caster sugar
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 egg
* 1 3/4 cups GF Self Raising Flour
* 3/4 cup milk chocolate bits

Preheat oven to 160°C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick paper. Beat softened butter, 1/2 cup caster sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp vanilla extract for 1-2 minutes or until smooth and well combined. Beat in 1 egg.



Stir in flour in two batches. Stir in milk choc bits until evenly distributed. Spoon tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and place on the lined trays. Press down slightly.



Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light golden and cooked. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.

Well ours didn't last for 1 week. In fact they didn't even last for an hour. I was a little worried about them being too crumbly and dry because I used the GF flour and didn't add anything else to bind them but they weren't at all.

I love Sunday's!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some loving....

Related Posts with Thumbnails