Monday, August 30, 2010

4 more sleeps

No it's not my birthday in four more sleeps, i'm not getting a new car (even though I desperately need one), i'm not going on holidays and i'm not just excited about the fact that it's Friday in four more sleeps.

I'm excited because it's four more sleeps until I go and see Powderfinger in concert. Yes their last concert *sad face* I still can't believe they're going their seperate ways. I hate change and I hate the ending to anything. I'm not good when i'm reading a really good book and then you finish it, and it's over. I hate it when a good movie finishes. I like things to go on forever and especially things I love. Like the end of a good block of chocolate. But unfortunately in life things have to change and everything has to come to an end and great bands are no exception. I just wish it wasn't Powderfinger. I've loved them for as long as I can remember and in fact i've appreciated them more in the last 6-7 years than ever before so it's even more depressing. But i'm also super excited that i'll be going to their last ever concert. Let's just hope they don't pull a John Farnham and do a "Last Tour" five times over.

But like all great bands their music will live on forever. And let's face it, it's not like Bernard Fanning is dying or anything. Let's hope they all go on to bigger and better things. I'm sure Bernard will have an amazing solo career. Gosh I love these guys. And they're even cooler because they're a Queensland band. They actually started in Brisbane back in the late 80's. So they've been around for as long as i've been in Australia.



In fact I actually liked Bernard Fanning's 'Tea and Sympathy' album with great songs like "Wish You Well" "Watch over me" and "Songbird" just as much as some of Powderfinger's classics.

Someone asked me the other day what my favourite Powderfinger song is and I straight away said "These Days". Not only because this song has always been a favourite but also because right now it's so appropriate to the things going on in my life.



But then straight away I felt like i'd been unfair to other amazing Powderfinger songs like "My Happiness"



And another favourite "Nobody Sees"



And who could forget "Lost & Running"



Not to mention so many others like "Burn your name" "Love Your Way" "My Kind Of Scene" "Bless my soul" "Passenger" "Sunsets" and of course "Since you've been gone"

So the answer is there is no way I could ever possibly pick a favourite. I love every single one of them. And i'm sure there is one I haven't mentioned that I also love.

So come Friday night i'll be seeing my very first and also very last Powderfinger concert. I am so excited, it's going to be a very bittersweet night.

This is actually going to be the first of three concerts i'm going to see this year. I've also got tickets to Jack Johnson and Bon Jovi in December. Oh gosh, don't get me start on Jack Johnson. That's an entire blog entry on it's own.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me some loving....

Related Posts with Thumbnails