Sunday, August 22, 2010

What a weekend

WOW!!

What a weekend!

Now i'm not talking about the fact that I spent an hour on Saturday morning cleaning muddy footprints from all over my floor because Master B thought it would be a good idea to come in from the garden with his gum boots on.

Nor am I talking about the fact that I burnt what could have been a very nice batch of Blueberry muffins because I got distracted with cleaning up the muddy footprints.

I am talking about this

What the ??

Now some are saying it was a historical weekend and that the people have spoken and they want to see some changes from our politicians. They want to be heard, well were they heard ?

Or was it just a complete disaster ? Democracy gone wrong ? A nation divided ? I think everyone can be their own judge on this one.

It's definitely going to be an interesting few weeks that's for sure. What I would give to be a fly on the wall in Julia Gillard's or Tony Abbott's offices this week.



Now I know many people think that Politics is a very serious matter, at times I agree with them. But mostly, politicians themselves are laughable, usually at the brunt of many jokes. And I can find the humour in most things.

So I thought i'd share this with you. If we don't laugh, we'd cry right ?




Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rebekah, I hopped over to see who my newest follower was and had a good laugh at the Hitler youtube thingy on the Australian election!
    I saw a version of this a year or so ago when Newcastle United (English football team) got relegated to the 2nd division - it's hilarious.
    And I don't even follow Aussie politics or know who half those people mentioned are! must be even funnier if you DO!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simoney
    I love your blog, it's fantastic.
    From a fellow kiwi ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following me, have followed you back! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me some loving....

Related Posts with Thumbnails